We’ve teamed up with our friends at Body Shot Performance to give you some expert advice to help you wake up feeling energised.
Do you ever wake up on a Monday morning feeling groggy, tired, uninspired, or under-energized? Does this have a knock on effect on the rest of your week, where you never really catch up until the weekend when it all starts again? Well, the good news is you’re not alone. Many, many people wake up on a Monday morning feeling under-energized, and that’s something I’m going to try and help you with.
The good news is there are many things that you can do about this. Here are my seven ways to feel more energised on a Monday morning.
- Eat dinner three to four hours before going to bed. This actually starts Sunday night, and would apply for any evening of your week, as well. The renowned nutritionist, Alessandro Ferretti, in the podcast that I recorded with him last year, said that studies have shown that the best length of time is between three and four hours between eating and getting to bed for optimal sleep, so it doesn’t interrupt your circadian rhythm.
- Make sure you’re getting enough sleep. It might sound obvious, but we’ve come to accept that the new normal might be getting six to seven hours sleep, and the majority of us need longer than that. This will depend on your genetic predisposition, and there is a very tiny minority of us that can do with maybe four or five hours sleep. A few famous politicians, like Margaret Thatcher, for example, was potentially one of those people. However, most of us need a good seven or eight hours or sometimes even more, so understand what amount of sleep really works for you. If you’re an eight-hour person, then you need to adjust your bedtime to take that into account.
- Start moving as soon as you wake up. In order to kick-start our circadian rhythms and get our bodies geared up for the day, we need to move. Optimal movement would be a gentle walk, maybe some yoga, and this need only be a few minutes; it could also be walking the dog or just bouncing or walking around the house, but get moving and get some energy flowing.
- Heartfulness. This involves saying something nice to your partner or your kids or your animals or looking in the mirror and saying something nice and warm and loving to yourself. Start the day with a positive tone. Change your physiology by doing something that comes from the heart, and you’ll be amazed at what a difference it can make to how you feel, even about the day ahead.
- Get natural light into the eyes as soon as possible. Curtains go up, blinds lifted. Get natural light, even if it’s not sunny, onto the eyes and onto your skin as early as you possibly can. Once you’re up, get in front of the sun or in front of natural light.
- Introducing more heartfulness into the week. What I mean by this is, quite often, we have a week that’s controlled by somebody else. It’s controlled by our employer, by our clients, by our team, and we can feel quite claustrophobic in that environment. Put something in your week that’s for you. It might just be five or ten minutes. Maybe it’s meditation. Maybe it’s reading. Maybe it’s walking the dog, reading a magazine. Whatever it might be, do something, an exercise class, get something in the diary that is for you, and that will help change your perspective on the week ahead and help you feel more energised about it.
- Governing your circadian rhythm and making sure you don’t have what’s called a sleep hangover on Monday, also called a social hangover. This refers to the fact that many of us get up to an alarm clock Monday through to Friday, but at the weekends, we sleep in, and the consequence on Sunday nights, we can’t sleep at our usual time because we’ve had a lie-in that morning. So have a consistent wake time throughout the week to avoid that sleep hangover on a Monday morning.
For more information about Body Shot Performance and how they can help you, check them out at: https://www.bodyshotperformance.com/?v=79cba1185463
We’ve teamed up with our friends at Body Shot Performance to give you some expert advice on what an ideal week of exercise looks like. This is a question I get asked a lot, and obviously it varies from person to person, and you need to make it personal. It needs to work for you.…Read More
We’ve teamed up with our friends at Body Shot Performance to give you some expert advice on the best foods for energy. Energy is obviously something we need for everyday life, it’s vitally important for our physical, mental, emotional and spiritual health. But what are the best types of food that we can eat for…Read More
We’ve teamed up with our friends at Body Shot Performance to give you some expert advice on how to ensure you have the energy to do all the things that you want to do. For a lot of people, you find that you just don’t have the energy that you used to have, which can…Read More
We’ve teamed up with our friends at Body Shot Performance to give you some expert advice to help you wake up feeling energised. Do you ever wake up on a Monday morning feeling groggy, tired, uninspired, or under-energized? Does this have a knock on effect on the rest of your week, where you never really…Read More
We’ve teamed up with our friends at Body Shot Performance to give you some expert advice to improve your sleep. Sleep is the force multiplier for life; without the right amount of quality sleep, it’s very difficult to take care of the other key aspects of health – mental health, energy, body composition, digestion and…Read More
Look what we found whilst shopping for our Christmas presents, our deliciously tasty olives featured in the South London Cook Book. We were very happy to open The South London Cook Book and see our Olives staring back at us, what a surprise and thrill!!! The cookbook is a great Christmas Present and…Read More
We are over the moon to have received our first Great Taste Award for our Smoked Almonds. This win is a huge achievement for us, as we have only recently launched our products. Great Taste, the world’s most coveted food awards, which celebrates the very best in food and drink, has announced the Great Taste…Read More